Environmental Health & Safety

Who do I call?

Who do I call?




Administration Nancy Day Administration
Air Quality (emissions, permitting) Amanda Grey Environmental Programs
Animal Use Protocols Office of Research Integrity Office of Research and Economic Development
Asbestos Beiwei Tu Safety & Industrial Hygiene
Biological Use Authorizations (BUA) Tiffany Kwok Biosafety
Blood spill Tiffany Kwok Biosafety
Building Evacuation Maps Lisa Martin Emergency/Continuity Management
Chemical Hygiene Plan Karen Janiga Research Safety
Chemical Inventory/MSDS Beiwei Tu Hazardous Materials
Confined space entry

Beiwei Tu

Safety & Safety
Construction (health impacts)

Beiwei Tu

Safety & Industrial Hygiene
Controlled Substances Beiwei Tu Hazardous Materials
Earthquake preparation Matt Mahaffey Emergency Management
Electrical Safety

Beiwei Tu

Equipment Decommissioning Karen Janiga Radiation Safety
Ergonomics (Industrial) Beiwei Tu Safety & Industrial Hygiene
Ergonomics (Laboratory Pamela See Research Safety
Fire Extinguishers Cesar Pla Fire
Foodborne Illnesses Tiffany Kwok Environmental Health
Food Permits Tiffany Kwok Environmental Health
Fume Hoods Beiwei Tu Safety & Industrial Hygiene
Hazards (unsafe conditions)

Beiwei Tu

Safety & Industrial Hygiene
Hazardous Materials Beiwei Tu Hazardous Materials
Hazardous Material Shipping Bill Norman BAS - Material Management
Hazardous Waste (chemical, radioactive, biohazardous, medical, sharps) Richard Watson Hazardous Waste
Human Use Research Office of Research Office of Research and Economic Development
Injuries (employees)

Beiwei Tu

Safety & Industrial Hygiene
Insects / Pests / Rodents / Dead Animals Pam Bloor Physical Plant
Laboratory Audit Nicole Clark Laboratory Audit Specialist
Laboratory moves / planning Karen Janiga Research Safety
Lasers Karen Janiga Laser Safety
Lighting (levels) Beiwei Tu Safety & Industrial Hygiene
Microbial or Mold growth Beiwei Tu Safety & Industrial Hygiene
Mission Continuity Plans Lisa Martin Continuity Planning
Noise Beiwei Tu Safety & Industrial Hygiene
Odors (gas, burning, unidentified)

Beiwei Tu

Safety & Industrial Hygiene
Radiation Producing Machines Karen Janiga Radiation Safety
Radioactive Materials Shipping Karen Janiga Radiation Safety
Radioactive Materials Use
Radiactive Material Use Authorization (RUA)
Karen Janiga Radiation Safety
Report an Oil Spill or Chemical Spill Amanda Grey Environmental Programs
Reproductive Health Pamela See Research Safety
Respirator Beiwei Tu Safety & Industrial Hygiene
Sanitary Sewer Overflow Amanda Grey Environmental Programs
Training classes or records Heather Davis Training
Travel and Field Safety Pamela See Safety Mentor
Ventilation (fume hoods) Beiwei Tu Safety & Industrial Hygiene
Universal waste: batteries, fluorescent lamps, electronic Richard Watson Waste
Waste (hazardous chemical, radioactive, biohazardous, medical, sharps) Richard Watson Waste
Water (stormwater runoffs, sewer system) Amanda Grey Environmental Programs

 Important Phone Numbers

Dial 911 to report emergencies

Emergency Information line (951) UCR-WARN or (951) 827-9276

University of California Police Department (951) 827-5222
Police business purposes only

Physical Plant (951) 827-4214
After Hours      (951) 827-4677
Utility or maintenance problems

Counseling Center (951) 827-5531
Personal and emotional challenges

More Information

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

Career OpportunitiesUCR Libraries
Campus StatusDirections to UCR

Environmental Health & Safety

Environmental Health & Safety
Environmental Health & Safety

Tel: (951) 827-5528
Fax: (951) 827-5122
E-mail: ehs@ucr.edu