Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
UC Riverside uses LHAT to identify and communicate hazards present in the laboratory or research area. Once hazards are identified, laboratory members can take appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) training and print a voucher to be exchanged for PPE.
For questions or comments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (951) 827-4244.
The University of California is committed to providing a healthy and safe working environment for all members of the campus community. This Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) policy is designed to prevent workplace injuries and illnesses for all academic appointees, staff, students, and visitors.
1. Have PI add you to their lab's hazard assessment roster.
2. Review your PI's Lab Hazard Assessment by selecting assessment under "Action List."
3. Acknowledge hazards.
4. Complete the PPE training module within the hazard assessment.
5. Book an appointment to be fitted for PPE. Select "PPE Fitting."
Request pick up of your lab coat for laundering.
Where is Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S)?
EH&S Building is located at the top of Linden Street, next to TAPS. Location Map
Do I need to Schedule an appointment to get PPE?
Yes. The process takes approximately 15 minutes and includes selection of PPE, fitting of PPE, and customizing of PPE. It is important that you book an appointment so the necessary time is allotted for your visit.
What do I bring to my appointment?
Bring a form of ID. We need to verify that we are outfitting the right person.
How do I obtain a voucher?
You no longer need to obtain a voucher. Be sure to review and acknowledge the hazard assessment completed by your PI, complete the PPE training, and then schedule an appointment. Click here for more information.
Who completes the hazard assessment?
Your PI completes the laboratory hazard assessment, and you will review and acknowledge it.
Can I pick up PPE for myself and a fellow lab member?
No, only the individual who scheduled an appointment can collect their own PPE. The fitting component is requisite for PPE therefore proxies are not acceptable.
How can I get my lab coat laundered?
The campus storehouse offers laundering services for a nominal fee when an FAU number is provided. Visit the Request Lab Coat Laundering website or contact storehouse staff (x:2-5542) to learn more.
I'm having issues with UC Safety Programs (such as LHAT). How do I clear my browser cache?
Clearing your browser cache will resolve most issues when using the UC Safety suite of applications. Follow the instructions below for your preferred browser.:
- Mozilla Firefox: Open the browser and click on the three horizontal lines near the top right of the window and click "Options". In the box that pops up, click on the "Advanced" tab. Within "Advanced" find the "Network" tab in the middle. There is a section that says "Cached Web Content". Click the "Clear now" box next to it.
- Google Chrome: Open the browser and click on the three horizontal lines near the top right of the window and click "Settings". Scroll down and near the bottom, click "Show advanced Settings". In the "Privacy" section, click the button that says "Clear browsing data". In the drop down menu, choose "the last four weeks" and only check the "Cookies and other site and plug-in d
- Internet Explorer: Open the browser and click the gear icon near the top right of the window and choose "Internet options". In the "General" tab, find the "Browsing history" section and click "Delete". Check the boxes for "Temporary Internet files and w