Prescription Safety Glasses Order Procedures
If you require prescription safety glasses, please follow the procedure outlined below.
If you have questions, please contact UCR's PPE Program or call (951) 827-5528.
1) View frame collection from the UCR approved Safety Glasses Catalog.
2) Get an Order Form. Obtain a order/authorization form (purchase order) which is filled out by your department administrator/supervisor.
3) Schedule an eye exam with your optometrist if you do not have a valid prescription to order safety prescription eyewear. Find an Eye Care Professional (ECP) optician dispensing location.
4) Order safety prescription eyewear. Take the order/authorization form to one of the ECPs on the list (safety eyewear may only be ordered from these locations).
5) Allow 2 weeks for delivery. The completed eyewear will be shipped directly to the ECP location where the order was placed.