Face coverings are highly recommended for those up to date on vaccinations and required for those not up to date on vaccinations
in indoor spaces on campus and in university owned or operated venues.
Staff/Faculty may request a face covering from EH&S. Students may request a face covering from The Well.
Prescription Safety Glasses Order Procedures
If you require prescription safety glasses, please follow the procedure outlined below.
If you have questions, please contact UCR's PPE Program or call (951) 827-5528.
1) Schedule an eye exam with your optometrist.
2) View frame collection from the UCR approved Safety Glasses Catalog.
3) Get a Purchase Order. Obtain an order/authorization form (purchase order) which is filled out by your department administrator/supervisor.
4) Submit your Purchase Order. Send your purchase order to email@example.com with employee first and last name, supervisor name and phone number. EH&S will process the request and generate an Hoya Order Form for the employee.
5) Schedule an appointment with Hoya approved Optometrist. Find an Eye Care Professional (ECP) optician dispensing location. Safety eyewear may only be ordered from these locations.
6) Order safety prescription eyewear. Take a valid prescription issued by your optometrist , the Hoya Order Form, and the Purchase Order form to your appointment.
7) Allow 2 weeks for delivery. The completed eyewear will be shipped directly to the ECP location where the order was placed.