Important - Notice of Workplace Outbreak
Locations & Effective Dates:
School of Medicine Education Building Basement/Ground Floor: Outbreak notice until 8/23/23.
Intellicenter – UC Pathway 1st floor. Outbreak notice until 8/19/2023
*The workplace will no longer be considered an outbreak location if one or fewer new COVID-19 cases are detected in the exposed group within a 7-day period, according to section 3205.1(a)(2).
Employees were notified via email of the exposure period. If you were not present on the worksite during the exposure period, you are exempt from testing requirements but need to wear a mask. However, if you returned to the campus during the exposure period, you must start the testing protocol. If you have any questions about the testing requirement, please contact your organization's Human Resources Representative.
Here are the steps that all on-site employees/workers during the exposure period should follow:
- COVID -19 Antigen Kit tests are available on campus, via the online request form.
- It is strongly recommended that all workers test immediately and at least once a week until the worksite is no longer considered an outbreak location. The COVID-19 Management Team will inform HR partners when the outbreak conditions have ended.
- Testing is not required for employees who were absent from the workplace during the relevant 14-day period or who recently recovered from COVID-19 and do not have symptoms.
- If you have been notified that you are a close contact to a positive case, you have testing options.
- If tested within 3-5 days of close contact and results are negative, you may continue working.
- If tested within 3-5 days of close contact and the results are positive, you must stay home and report the positive test to the COVID-19 Management Team at: https://campusreturn.ucr.edu/covid-screening-check .
- If you choose not to test, you must not return to work until COVID-19 return to work requirements are met*, and you must contact your Departments HR Partners to further discuss your leave options to ensure that you are paid appropriately.
- You must also remain off-site for 10 days after the close contact date.
- EH&S has been notified and will assess protocols and building conditions.
- Regardless of vaccination status, all employees in the exposed group must wear face coverings indoors or outdoors when less than six feet from another person, unless a medical exception applies.
- Free masks (N-95 and/or surgical) can be requested at https://campusreturn.ucr.edu/face-coverings .
We would like to remind you that your health and safety are our top priority. We appreciate your cooperation in following these guidelines to help manage the outbreak.
If someone needs to be included from this notification, or if you have any questions, please email the COVID Management Resource Center at email@example.com or call (844) 827-6827.
Thank you for your attention to this important matter.
UCR’s COVID-19 Management Tea