Face coverings are highly recommended for those up to date on vaccinations and required for those not up to date on vaccinations
in indoor spaces on campus and in university owned or operated venues.
Staff/Faculty may request a face covering from EH&S. Students may request a face covering from The Well.
What is Hazardous Materials Safety?
A University's hazardous materials and chemical inventories serve as a starting point for safety decisions throughout our campus community. Decisions such as personal protective equipment (PPE), engineering controls, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and training are predicated on what chemicals are present and how they are to be stored and utilized safely. A facilities chemical inventory and the quantity of chemicals also determines what permits, regulations and oversight agencies govern our use of these materials. Keeping an accurate chemical inventory and following safety procedures ensures business continuity and safety at our campus.
For more information, contact Hazardous Materials Safety or call (951) 827-5528.
The following are some of the oversight agencies involved with our campus:
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) - Permits and oversight for controlled substances
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) – Chemicals of Interest (COI)
- Department of Toxic Substance Control (DTSC) - Oversees toxic materials management
- Certified Unified Program Agency (CUPA/PA) - Permits for hazmat storage and hazardous waste
- CalOSHA – Carcinogen and employee safety
- Department of Transportation (DOT) -regulates the shipping of hazardous materials and hazardous waste