Face coverings are highly recommended for those up to date on vaccinations and required for those not up to date on vaccinations
in indoor spaces on campus and in university owned or operated venues.
Staff/Faculty may request a face covering from EH&S. Students may request a face covering from The Well.
What is Radiation Safety?
The Radiation Safety Program is responsible for ensuring that all users of ionizing radiation and radiation producing machines are in compliance with existing regulatory requirements. All radioactive materials at the University of California, Riverside(UCR) are licensed by the State of California under a Broadscope License. This license grants authority to the UCR Radiation Safety Committee to authorize the use of radioactive materials at any of its facilities. Radiation producing machines are registered by the California Radiologic Health Branch and must also be authorized by the UCR Radiation Safety Committee.
Each year a report is written indicating the UCR's compliance with requirements of the radiation safety program. The Annual Review for 2017 can be accessed here.
For more information, contact Radiation Safety or call (951) 827-5528.
- Authorization of radioactive materials and radiation-producing machines
- Ability to submit online amendments, which includes adding and removing radiation workers
- Radiation training status
- Start-to-finish inventory management, including real-time decay calculations
- Radioactive waste tracking and disposal
- Document storage
- Integration with other Risk and Safety Solutions suite applications for a seamless user experience
Manuals and Regulatory Guides: