Face Covering Request
GUIDANCE, OPTIONS & AVAILABILITY
Combined with physical distancing, washing hands, and staying home when ill, face coverings help to limit the transmission of COVID-19 by minimizing droplet transmission when a person talks, coughs, or sneezes. Face coverings should have two or more layers of washable, breathable materials, completely cover the nose and mouth, and fit snugly against the sides of your face and don't have gaps. Face coverings should not have exhalation valves or vents, which allow virus particles to escape, and should not be intended for respiratory protection. For healthcare workers or employees requiring respiratory protection, visit EH&S Respiratory Protection Program.
To adhere to state, local, and UC requirements, face coverings requirements are outlined in the Return to Campus Guide (COVID Prevention Plan) located at campusreturn.ucr.edu (updated April 2021).
- Fully vaccinated employees may work indoors without face coverings.
- Unvaccinated employees must continue to wear masks indoors, unless alone in a room or a vehicle.
- No face coverings are required for anyone outdoors, unless there is an outbreak of COVID-19 cases.
- Masks are still required in some specific working environment such as those working in indoor childcare or youth settings or healthcare facilities and while in public transit settings.
- Individuals who cannot wear face coverings due to a medical or mental health condition or disability or deaf and hard of hearing or communicating with a hearing-impaired person.
- If accommodations are required, please contact the UCR Disability Management Office.
- Individuals exempted from wearing face coverings due to medical condition, mental health condition, or disability shall wear an effective non-restrictive alternative, such as a face shield with a drape on the bottom if their condition or disability permits it.
In order to assist the UCR community to adhere to the face covering requirements, EH&S is providing face coverings for UCR personnel. Individuals should review the options and availability for face coverings below and submit a request for the appropriate number. Individuals can choose any combination of face coverings. A maximum of one of each type per person will be provided.
Example 1: Acceptable
|Number of personnel||5|
|Face Mask 1||2|
|Face Mask 2||3|
Example 2: Acceptable
|Number of personnel||5|
|Face Mask 1|
|Face Mask 2||5|
Example 3: Not Acceptable
|Number of personnel||1|
|Face Mask 1||1|
|Face Mask 2||1|
Face Covering Types:
|Face Mask 1||Face Mask 2|
100% Cotton from a vendor (not homemade).
100% Cotton | 2 Layers | 200GSM